All the time I've spent bouncing and feeding baby the past two months has given me a lot of (perhaps too much) time to surf the web for interesting family bikes. Here's a few things I've never owned or tried, but look like fun:
 |
| Onderwater Family Tandem. There's also a model with one more seat and set of pedals in the front. The site says the bikes are good for children ages 4-8 (I think; it's in Dutch). |
 |
| Tyke Toter. A kid (suggested age: 2-5 years) can sit on a bike in front of the adult. Interestingly, some time ago I saw the DIY version of this at our local park. A Chinese grandfather had an old cushion of some sort wrapped around and tied to his top tube for his grandson to ride on. (We live in an area with a large Chinese population and see elderly Chinese men and women-- often here to care for grandchildren-- riding around all the time.) |
 |
This is a mamachari ("mama bicycle") from Japan. The child sits in a special seat between the handle bars. Shuichi at Mama Bicycle blogs exclusively about these-- pretty cool.
|
 |
| Tanjor trailer (seats 3). This company no longer exists (the photo is from a cycling forum), but this just looks really cool. After our third was born, we wanted to buy one, but couldn't find one for sale. I believe it is the only trailer that seats three. |
And thinking about next week's predicted first storm of the season (it only rains October through April here)...
 |
| Veltop bicycle rain cover. I have no idea if this actually would work. |
No comments:
Post a Comment